THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Healthy eating starts in your pantry!

Here's a great article about stocking your kitchen with heart healthy options that a friend shared with me (thanks Ecksunbeam!)...

http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/high-cholesterol-tips-7/healthy-foods
(copy and paste)

The one thing I cannot stress enough is play with spices and herbs. Fresh basil on your home-made pasta sauce (recipes's coming!) makes such a big difference! Mrs. Dash has a fabulous variety of herb/spice blends that will keep you from using high sodium alternatives. My favorite? Mrs Dash Hamburger blend, with this blend you don't need any condiments or pickles on your hamburgers (check out my burger recipe!). Another great product from Mrs. Dash is their marinades. My favorite Mrs Dash marinades are the Chipotle, Smokey Mesquite, and Teriaki (great for stir fry!).

I hope this article inspires you to look at your pantry as an opportunity to better your (and your family's) health.

To Your Health!
M.

0 comments: